Lessons Life has Slapped Me With
Take it from me, I've seen a lot. So I've just jotted down a few lessons I've learned along the way.
1. Over analyzing any situation is the quickest way to drive yourself crazy
2. The best response is usually no response.
3. Just because someone loves you does not mean that person understands you.
4. You should always be your number one priority, no matter what.
5. You can’t always listen to everyone’s advice, you have to go with your gut.
6. However, many times your family can give you the best advice.
7. Being positive will make you a happier person every time.
8. Being independent or thrown into a tough situation is the best way to grow.
9. Sometimes you don’t know what you don’t like until you 've tried it.
10. Cry hard about something that upset you and never cry about the same thing again. Trust me on this one. If you continue to cry over the same thing you'll just be wasting your time.
11. It’s perfectly okay to stay in on the weekends with your best friend, watch Scandal and complain about how single you both are. (We’ve all been there at some point).
12. Exercise for yourself not for someone else.
13. Don’t try and be someone you’re not. It's too exhausting.
14. Trying new things and having fun is the best way to figure out what it is that you want.
15. It’s beyond beneficial to carry a mini hair brush in your purse.
16. Boys are not worth wasting a day’s makeup over.
17. Discover who your die-hard friends are.
18. Physical age doesn’t guarantee maturity.
19. Friendships can be your most intense relationships.
20. Don’t complain about something or someone you’re putting up with. You don’t like it? Change your circumstance.
21. Looks are far from everything.
22. Discover a happy medium between eating your feelings and burning them off.
23. Forgiving someone makes you the stronger person, not the weaker one. It will also put your heart at ease.
25. It’s important to know when you need to apologize.
26. Your past does not define you, but it can teach you life lessons